U.S. Marine Rifle Range / Camp HarringtonThis rifle range belonged to a short-lived military installation known as Camp Harrington or Camp Admiral Harrington. Camp Harrington was established in July, 1905 as a rifle range for the USMC. It was located on the southern bank of the York River, just west of where Queens Creek joins it on some of the land now currently occupied by Camp Peary. A 1906 memo regarding Camp Harrington.
Williamsburg Wins BallgameSome of the photographs in this series are from Camp Harrington and others are from Marine barracks in Norfolk. All are included for the sake of completeness.
No. 1 - (?)
Camp Peary / Seabees (c. 1943)No. 204-N - Soldiers at Camp Peary Visit Old Williamsburg
No. 205-N - A Seabee Visits Williamsburg in War Time
No. 206-N - ?
No. 207-N - ?
No. 208-N - Soldiers visit old Court House
No. 1621 - Entrance marker
No. 1622 - Seabee commando landing practice
No. 1623 - Seabees are fighters, too
No. 1624 - Seabees demolition practice
No. 1625 - Seabees at sea and at disembarkation point
No. 1626 - Seabee commando trainees
No. 1627 - Seabees clean up their hives
No. 1628 - Construction battalions practice landings
No. 1629 - Seabees constructing a "sand" roadway
No. 1630 - Seabees unloading supplies
We build and fight with all our might!
Camp Peary as the U.S. Naval Training & Dist. Center (c. 1944)
Confederate MonumentConfederate Monument and Wythe House (1916)
Confederate Monument and High School (c. 1927)
Confederate Monument / Wythe House / High School (photograph; 1922)
Confederate Monument and Wythe House (c. 1914)
Other Military-themed CardsU.S.O. Residence
Soldiers from camp Eustis at Eastern State (photogrpah; 1919)