Ewell Hall in the late 1920's (?), located just southwest of the Wren Building.
It was first called Phi Beta Kappa Memorial Hall (now the name of a newer building
on campus). To the left can be seen the temporary science building taken from the
Penniman munitions plant. Ewell Hall now houses the Music Department and the offices
of the College of Arts and Sciences. The wing in the center was damaged by a fire in
1953, so the entire entrance was removed and replaced with a plain wall of windows.
Ewell Hall today: