Ewell Hall in the late 1920's (?), located just southwest of the Wren Building.
It was first called Phi Beta Kappa Memorial Hall (now the name of a newer building
on campus). Past it to the left can be seen Jefferson Hall, and to the right can be
seen the temporary science building taken from the Penniman munitions plant. Ewell
Hall now houses the Music Department and the offices of the College of Arts and
Sciences. The wing on the left was damaged by a fire in 1953, so the entire
entrance was removed and replaced with a plain wall of windows.
Ewell Hall today: