A photograph of one of the two abandoned barracks buildings from Penniman that
were bought, moved to campus, and covered with galvanized iron to serve as temporary
buildings for William & Mary's Science Department (c. 1924). This building was likely
located where Washington Hall is now situated.
Thanks to Terry L. Meyers for access to this photograph, from "The Romance
and Renaissance of the College of William and Mary in Virginia" (1924).