"Before it was demolished in the summer of 1969, Cameron Hall on Francis
Street served as the headquarters for the Colonial Williamsburg Fife and Drum
Corps. The auditorium building on the grounds of Eastern State Hospital served
for many years, during the first decade of the 10th century, as Williamsburg's
only "playhouse." In it, high school commencements were held, politicians on
the stump gave speeches and silent moves were shown. Cameron Hall was
closed to the general public in 1913."
--Williamsburg Reunion - 1960 and Before
Taken with permission from Williamsburg Reunion - 1960 and Before.