"In 1893 the U.S. Congress partially indemnified the college for its losses
in the Civil War. A small part of the $64,000 payment was used in 1894 to construct
Taliaferro Hall and an infirmary on the south side of Jamestown Road, just west of
the College Hotel. Built as a dormitory, Taliaferro achieved a degree of distinction
when Leslie Cheek stylishly renovated it in 1937 to house the college's fine arts
department. It was demolished in 1963."
--Williamsburg Reunion - 1960 and Before
According to Hark Upon the Gale, the building was torn down about 1967.
The building visible to the right was the college infirmary.
Taken with permission from Williamsburg Reunion - 1960 and Before.