It is unclear when the greenhouse was built, but it is visible in photographs from
the Colonial Echo in 1912 and 1914 but absent in 1902 and 1903 photographs. It is
likely that the greenhouse was built in 1906 along with the adjoining Science Hall.
Note the two chairs mysteriously perched in the tree:
Thanks to Louise Kale for this photograph.
Reproduced with kind permission of the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.
Neg. # N1999 CN