Taliaferro Dormitory, taken from the 1922 Colonial Echo.

"In 1893 the U.S. Congress partially indemnified the college for its losses
in the Civil War. A small part of the $64,000 payment was used in 1894 to construct
Taliaferro Hall and an infirmary on the south side of Jamestown Road, just west of
the College Hotel. Built as a dormitory, Taliaferro achieved a degree of distinction
when Leslie Cheek stylishly renovated it in 1937 to house the college's fine arts
department. It was demolished in 1963."

--Williamsburg Reunion - 1960 and Before