The powder magazine when it was run as a museum by the APVA, c. 1907.
That is Nathaniel Bacon on the right. The stained glass window in the left panel is
of Governor Spottswood. The windows were removed in 1934 or 1935. The Bacon window
is currently on display at Bacon's Castle, an early brick home in Surry County,
Virginia, while the Spottswood window is currently on renewable loan to the Germanna
Foundation in Orange County, VA and may be on view at Salubria (where Lady Spotswood
lived), a house that they administer. Both windows were made by Phipps, Slocum, &
Co., Boston, in 1890.