Built in 1895, The Colonial Hotel, or Colonial Inn, was
located where Chowning's Tavern was reconstructed. Williamsburg
Restoration purchased it and renamed it "Williamsburg Inn." It operated
under that name until the new Williamsburg Inn was built in 1933.
Taken with permission from Williamsburg Reunion - 1960 and Before.
From a copy of a postcard from Dr. Carlton Casey's collection,
Swem Library, William & Mary.