Matthews Tourist Home (later Fitchett's Tourist Home) was located
on Richmond Road near where the bypass now meets it, at 1426 Richmond Rd.,
next to Butt's Furniture (now a Plymouth dealership). To its south stood
Matthews Tourist Court, a row of four rooms built circa 1946. Lura Binford
Marston Fitchett (Mrs. K. L. Fitchett) bought the house from Mr. Charles
Matthews in 1946, and operated it until her death in August, 1973. It
was torn down in the summer of 1987.
Thanks to Scott and Miriam Fitchett Middleton for details.